Def Leppard is a British hard rock band formed in 1977, in Sheffield. They have three master tracks available as downloadable content in the PS3/X360 versions of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock: "Nine Lives" (the first single off their new album, Songs from the Sparkle Lounge), "Photograph", and "Rock of Ages" (both from their 1983 release Pyromania). Another master track is avaliable called "Pour Some Sugar on Me" for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
Though being a hard rock band, Def Leppard are technically counted among the foremost representatives of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (between the late 1970s and early 1980s), as well as Iron Maiden, Saxon, Angel Witch, Girlschool, Tygers of Pan Tang and others.
Another fact that draws attention towards the band is that their drummer, Rick Allen, does not have his left arm, lost in a car accident in the night before the New Year of 1985. As such, he makes use of a special drum kit.
Other of their hits include "Love Bites", "Bringin' on the Heartbreak", "Animal," "Rocket," and "Let it Go."
- Joe Elliott: lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Vivian Campbell: rhythm/lead guitar (formerly from Dio and Whitesnake; joined the band in 1991, after long-standing guitarist Steve Clark died of alcoholism)
- Phil Collen: lead guitar
- Rick "Sav" Savage: bass
- Rick Allen: drums
- On Through the Night (1980)
- High 'n' Dry (1981)
- Pyromania (1983)
- Hysteria (1987)
- Adrenalize (1992)
- Retro Active (1993)
- Slang (1996)
- Euphoria (1999)
- X (2002)
- Yeah! (2006; features only cover versions)
- Songs from the Sparkle Lounge (2008)
- Mirrorball: Live & More (2011)