Guitar Hero: Metallica is a game in the Guitar Hero series that's based around the band Metallica. It was released on March 29th, 2009 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii. It was released for the PlayStation 2 on April 14th, 2009. UK Release of all versions was 29th May 2009. Some UK stores (Chips) gave away Metallica Faceplates with the PS3, X360 and Wii Solus versions. This faceplate only fits the World Tour Guitar. Also available in the UK is a Solo Guitar Bundle, containing the game, a World Tour Guitar and separate Metallica faceplate.
Just like in World Tour, the player will be able to play as guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. Four players can play full band. There will be 49 songs total. 28 which will be Metallica and the other 21 will be guest acts. There will be a new difficulty for drums which will be called Expert + and will allow players to use double bass kick pedals. All features that were available in Guitar Hero World Tour will be available along with some new ones. The "Death Magnetic" album will be playable to those who downloaded for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii and PlayStation 2 versions of the game will include "Broken, Beat & Scarred", "Cyanide", and "My Apocalypse" since they are not compatible with the Death Magnetic download.
The display has changed slightly, with a new 'Star Meter' to the right of the play area. It shows how many stars you have, and how close you are to the next star. The Note Streak display has also been moved to the right of the play area.
On commencing Career Mode, a cutscene is shown of Metallica walking onto stage, accompanied by 'The Ecstasy of Gold' then straight into 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' and 'The Unforgiven'
- Possible Spoiler*
It is possible (on the X360 version) to complete the game when on only 33% or so. Unlock each tier using the minimum of stars, until the final tier is unlocked. Once you have completed 'The Thing That Should Not Be', the game registers Complete.
- Another Possible Spoiler*
You can complete up to 'The Thing That Should Not Be' on any difficulty, then if 'The Thing That Should Not Be' is completed on Hard or Expert, you get the 75g Achievement as if the whole game had been completed on Hard/Expert.
Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister from Motörhead and King Diamond are unlocked for players to select after their respective songs have been completed.
Members of Metallica are unlocked upon completion of their respective careers (Kirk for Guitar, James for Vocals, Robert for Bass and Lars for Drums)
Metallica roadie Zach Harmon is unlocked upon completion of Band career. Zach Harmon is the guy who gives James his guitar before playing "The Unforgiven".
Inspired after playing a Metallica concert, you start a band. After playing some songs and working your way up to fortune, you open for Metallica, while competing with an '80s glam rock band called The Poseurs.
- Main article: Setlist in Guitar Hero: Metallica
The game includes 28 songs by Metallica, and 21 guest acts by bands which Metallica favored, or that inspired them. Addition user created songs can be downloaded, as well as created. Also DLC can still be purchased.
- James Hetfield – lead vocals, rhythm guitar (1981-present)
- Kirk Hammett – lead guitar (1983-present)
- Robert Trujillo – bass (2003-present)
- Lars Ulrich – drums (1981-present)
- Dave Mustaine - lead guitar, backing vocals (1982-1983)
- Ron McGovney - bass (1982)
- Cliff Burton - bass, backing vocals (1982–1986)
- Jason Newsted - bass, backing vocals (1986–2001)
Who Doesn't Love Motion Capture?Edit
- Metallica played EVERY song in the game using motion capture suits. No repetitive actions for Metallica!.
- A CGI version of late Original Metallica Bassist Cliff Burton who died in a bus accident sadly never appeared in the game.
- Unlike other Guitar Hero games, Guitar Hero: Metallica and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith are the only games rated M in Australia instead of the usual PG Rating (except Band Hero which is rated G).
- http://www.GuitarHeroMetallica.org - Dedicated to the greatest game from the greatest rock band ever. Screen shots, track lists, reviews, manuals and more.
|Games of Guitar Hero|
|Guitar Hero - Guitar Hero II - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Guitar Hero World Tour - Guitar Hero 5 - Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - Guitar Hero Live|
|Aerosmith - Metallica - Van Halen|
|Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s - Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - Band Hero|
|Guitar Hero: On Tour - Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades - Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits|
|Guitar Hero Mobile - Guitar Hero III Backstage Pass - Guitar Hero World Tour Mobile - Guitar Hero Carabiner - Guitar Hero Arcade - Air Guitar Hero Rocker - Guitar Hero (iOS) - Guitar Hero Live|